PDA

View Full Version : WC820 (virgin) Lot #47277

MarkK
10-25-2006, 09:12 AM
I plan on using this powder in 44 mag and 45 win mag. Pat says it is 10% faster than H110 so adjust accordingly. I've read that different lots can be more like AA9. Is anyone familiar with this particular lot? For starters I plan on using 16 gr behind a 300 gr cast boolit and 21 gr in 240 gr JHP in the 44 mag. Would also like know what military rifle cartridges this powder will work - 8mm Lebel, 6.5 Swede, 7.62x54, ... Finally, are cast boolits necessary with this powder? Thanks, MarkK

nighthunter
10-25-2006, 12:12 PM
Hello MarkK, welcome to the board. My lot of 820 is 47320. It is the new or I guess virgin powder. I use this powder in 44 and 357 Mags and also in 30 Carbine. My experience is limited to only cast bullets with this powder. For me it has served extremely well and I'm going to have to order more in the forseeable future. It is difficult to plan a certain load ahead of time. Lots of powder and especially lots of surplus powder will vary from one to another. You will have to pick a safe starting load and work up from there. Even firearms of the same caliber will have effects on how that powder burns in those particular firearms. I don't think a person should just pick a load without some experience or guidance from a reliable source. Pat says it is faster than H-110 because it is faster than H-110. AA9 data is a good place to start.
Nighthunter

bobthenailer
10-28-2006, 08:42 AM
i have quite abit of the same lot # , that i bought off pat years ago. in my guns it takes about 2.0 gr less powder to get the same velocity as 296 . i used this powder for at least 10 years and have probly burnt about 30 lbs so far and i know many people who also use it with excellent results with cast & jackted bullets. i use it in 22 hornet , 30 carbine for which it was orgionaly made for! 32/20 , 357 mag , 44 mag , 454 casull and i know several people who use it for cast bullets reduced loads in med capacity rifle cases all with excellent results. bob