PDA

View Full Version : SNOW= Getting blasted here

gray wolf
12-27-2010, 12:49 PM
Well men, we got and are getting blasted with this snow storm. :(
Been snowing all night (Sun. ) and it's 12 noon now Monday, still coming down like a hell fire [edit] storm.
Got about 20 inches so far on the flats and past my knees in the driveway.
Blowing and snowing, we are posed to get another 5 or 6 by 3pm and could be over by 4 pm.
It's light and fluffy at this time. I hope my back and the snow blower can handle it. Julie helped with it the last time and she said she would help this time.
Men there is no substitute for a good women--none-- and thank God for her.
Now don't get me wrong, this snow don't have us in a panic, hell most of the country is dealing with it. Just a pain in the keesta for us older guy's.
But slow and steady will get Err done Eh.

Well that's the report so far from Western Maine on noon Monday.
Stay warm and stay safe. :drinks:

Sam

KILLERtj
12-27-2010, 01:08 PM
Good luck! Don't rush yourself with getting the snow removed.

Here in the midwest we are well over our average snowfall thusfar, yet its supposed to be well above average temp by the end of this week. I'm sure that will get rid of most of our snow.

Take care!

KILLERtj

Centaur 1
12-27-2010, 01:13 PM
I've been thinking up till now that I'm glad that I live in Florida. I've been reading everyone's postings about how it's to cold to cast, and then I go out to the garage in my shorts and a t-shirt and cast boolits. Well guess what, it's 29 degrees in central Florida and I'm in the house instead of ther garage. I just got a new Ranch Dog TL358-100RF mold for Christmas and I want to make boolits. These things are going to be great in my Ruger LCP and my sons 9mm AR-15, heck they might even work in my Glock. It's so cold that the dog crapped in the house last night instead of going out the doggie door. This is Florida and the wind chill is in the teens, What The Heck happened to Global Warming? Al Gore is a horses A$$.

Echo
12-27-2010, 01:14 PM
I'm not snickering too much - we are predicting 24 here in Tucson Thursday night! Probably no snow here in the valley, but Mt Lemmon (9400') 10 miles north of me will be fairly well covered.

Floydster
12-27-2010, 02:43 PM
Al Gore was a horses A$$ before Global Warming, what a dip.

Shiloh
12-27-2010, 03:08 PM
Al Gore was a horses A$$ before Global Warming, what a dip.

You don't here much from him anymore do you??
What, with the East Anglia E-mails released that says they cooked the books?? Is it time for someone to sue the britches off of Al Gore and the rest who perpetrated this Global Warming Fraud. Atlanta, first Christmas snowfall in more than 120 years, Snow in Florida and the Carolinas, The coldest winter on record in England??

And me here running out of places to pile the 50 inches we have had so far this December.

Shiloh

arjacobson
12-27-2010, 04:49 PM
Well men, we got and are getting blasted with this snow storm. :(
Been snowing all night (Sun. ) and it's 12 noon now Monday, still coming down like a hell fire [edit] storm.
Got about 20 inches so far on the flats and past my knees in the driveway.
Blowing and snowing, we are posed to get another 5 or 6 by 3pm and could be over by 4 pm.
It's light and fluffy at this time. I hope my back and the snow blower can handle it. Julie helped with it the last time and she said she would help this time.
Men there is no substitute for a good women--none-- and thank God for her.
Now don't get me wrong, this snow don't have us in a panic, hell most of the country is dealing with it. Just a pain in the keesta for us older guy's.
But slow and steady will get Err done Eh.

Well that's the report so far from Western Maine on noon Monday.
Stay warm and stay safe. :drinks:

Sam

Weve been pretty busy the last three weeks or so plowing roads and keeping areas hauled away. Sure glad we didn't get as much as you guys though!! What a mess

JIMinPHX
12-27-2010, 05:23 PM
We're still holding out pretty well here in Phoenix. It's sunny & 60's today. We are supposed to get a cold snap in the next few days that's supposed to drag us down into the 40's, but I'll take that & be happy. I do my crying about the weather here in the summer time.

Tom-ADC
12-27-2010, 09:11 PM
Good luck to all you members in the snow.
Finally stopped raining here but has a chance to rain Wednesday.
Snow is the reason I left MI...:drinks:

Down South
12-27-2010, 10:11 PM
I was listening on and off to something on the news today. Something about that we might have a minor ice age about 2030 or so I think....

Heavy lead
12-27-2010, 10:18 PM
Well, this has been an unusually dry and warm fall, and other than one small storm and 4 days of lake effect we are dry, and yes sunny in Michigan. It's supposed to be 45 to 50 on New Years eve and day here in Paw Paw.
Go figure.

runfiverun
12-28-2010, 12:06 AM
at least it would warm up some to snow.
we go above 20 it snows, then the clouds blow off, and the temps drop to the minuses.

Three44s
12-28-2010, 12:35 AM
Everytime it snows, Owl Gore loses more money cause he's in the Carbon Credit business and the deeper the snow gets ...... the harder it is for his "marks" to come in and pay him for their "sins" ...... you know ...... using energy type sins!

Pretty soon ..... if he keeps losing money ..... he'll be forced to sell one of his four or five mansions ......... (the kind that don't use too much energy)

Three 44s

Dusty Wheeler
12-28-2010, 12:03 PM
Eastern Idaho is waiting for the next Global Warming event. The Friday temps are supposed to be +8 with the low -14... Wife and I are looking seriously at moving back to AZ!!!

lwknight
12-28-2010, 01:28 PM
I'm glad that the global warming farse has been exposed. Even if it were real , we don't know that the effect would not end up with a global tropical paradise. After all , the earth is 75% water so there would be a lot of water in the atmosphere to rain in trhe deserts.

I remember back in the 70s that there was an ice age coming. I guess that we staved it off with carbon emmissions. LOL!

PatMarlin
12-28-2010, 01:36 PM
You guys have much more coming. Storms out of the Pinapple Express and swirled with Alaska cold are lined up for weeks it looks like out of the pacific.

I haven't seen it like this since the floods of 86', and California is way overdue for some serious flooding. We've had low water years for to long, and slime has built up on rocks and river bottoms, creeks like I've never seen it. Rip roaring rains are on their way here to continue I believe, and that means more snow you way.

Film at 11:00.

old turtle
12-28-2010, 01:42 PM
I saw some global warming geek say that because it is colder here because it is warmer in Canada. Never mind that the fronts come through Canada. Here in Tampa FL it was 29 degrees this morning and that is .... cold for here. What a crock.

Fixxah
12-28-2010, 04:44 PM
Gore disappeared after the rape allegation.

geargnasher
12-28-2010, 07:05 PM
What is this snow of which you're talking?

Gear

Maineboy
12-28-2010, 07:20 PM
Well, I'm a bit north of Gray Wolf and we escaped the brunt of the storm. My guestimate is 7-8 inches of light fluffy snow. The wind is really whipping it around but that's all that has slowed life down up here. Usually by Christmas we have two feet of snow and the lake has a foot of solid ice. Before this storm we had about an inch of snow on the ground and the ice on December 26th was 3 inches thick. I know we are in for worse weather but I feel we've escaped this year with one less month of winter. If this is global warming, bring it on!

NHlever
12-28-2010, 09:17 PM
You must be a little north of me. There was an average ( lots of wind) of about 14" here. Nice powder snow, and pretty chilly too when the wind would catch the snow coming out of my 54" blower, and give me a face full. I would send some to the folks in Texas, but they just wouldn't see the fun in it anyway.

AZ-Stew
12-28-2010, 09:29 PM
I would send some to the folks in Texas, but they just wouldn't see the fun in it anyway.

Other than my job, the biggest reason I live in AZ is because I NEVER have to shovel the weather.

Warm and dry is good. Beats the carp out of cold and wet.

Regards,

Stew