PDA

View Full Version : raised rib for M/L shotgun

Newtire
12-26-2010, 02:17 PM
I developed a sudden case of "gotta have a M/L shotgun" so picked up this well worn 16 gauge off a fellow on Gunbroker. After breaking loose the screws and cleaning up the bores a bit, I was a bit disappointed with the low rib with the barrels sticking up above.

A piece of steel 3/8" wide glued on with black silicon sealer and a #2 birdshot superglued on (temporary) solved the problem. the silicon is very tenacious and is not likely to ever come loose unless purposely cut off. The bead will be replaced soon as I come up with a little brass screw.

I hit 75% of claybirds from a foot operated trap first time out! Strictly a close range proposition for now.

Moose Owner
12-29-2010, 01:31 PM
Newtire,

Nice job on the "custom" modification. You should come out to one of the NMLRA shoots where they have m/l shotgun events. It it great fun to shoot with a bunch of other muzzle loading shot-gunners. Everyone is friendly and it is a great way to pick up some new tips about loading the old guns. The NMLRA Winter Nationals will be held in Phoenix during the first week of March. Your new gun would be great for the Skeet and 10 yard Trap events.

I have posted information regarding some of the upcoming m/l shotgun events at www.muzzleloadingshotguns.com

Newtire
12-30-2010, 07:19 AM
Thanks Moose!

This website looks like a wealth of information. It will keep me busy for awhile.

And thanks for the invite!