PDA

View Full Version : Christmas: When will it be over???

HeavyMetal
12-24-2010, 06:44 PM
Have decided to hide in the bedroom with my computer for a while.

Eldest daughter has the urge to cook for Christmas!

Currently down three glass's and a caseroll dish!

anybody else getting this type of "help" you have my utmost respect and sympathy!

New Years Day please hurry!

wallenba
12-24-2010, 06:50 PM
Have decided to hide in the bedroom with my computer for a while.

Eldest daughter has the urge to cook for Christmas!

Currently down three glass's and a caseroll dish!

anybody else getting this type of "help" you have my utmost respect and sympathy!

New Years Day please hurry!

Count yourself lucky! I'm home alone with the pooch, sick as a dog. Missing it all, the food, the kids, the laughs. It's been three days of misery, and it's as bad today as yesterday.:-(
Oh yeah, TV is all $hi) tonight too.

runfiverun
12-24-2010, 07:22 PM
3 glasses down? no wonder she broke a casserole dish...:lol:

gonna be quiet here this year, turkeys thawing [i'll cook that tomorrow]
rolls are raising, and the crust on the blueberry pie is already burnt.

Dennis Eugene
12-24-2010, 07:29 PM
Not to brag but we are haveing our 3 adult children and spouses plus 8 Grandkids over for Christmas Dinner and as silly as it sounds, we're looking forward to it. Dennis Eugene

HeavyMetal
12-24-2010, 08:05 PM
I have no issue with the kids we live together year round, but she only cooks twice a year and that involves a lot of time in front of the Microwave!

I've always done Thanksgiving and Christmas dinners and will be in charge of both the Turkey and the Green Bean Caseroll tomorrow.

The "damages", so far, are just from making a chip dip and some cookies!

The eldest is just now finding out that such dinners are not always as easy as seen on TV! My being an A personality doesn't make this any easier but with a little luck ( and a Wal Mart in walking distance)Life will be good.

As I write this the noise level in the kitchen has dropped to nothing. Guess I'll go see if I have anything to eat on tomorrow.....

Merry Christmas to all!

wallenba
12-24-2010, 08:13 PM
As I write this the noise level in the kitchen has dropped to nothing. Guess I'll go see if I have anything to eat on tomorrow.....

Merry Christmas to all!

Maybe they're logged in and reading your post :mrgreen:

woody1
12-24-2010, 10:04 PM
Would love to have some of the "kids" here for Christmas but alas, not. Just me, my wife, the dogs, horses, cats, cows, birds..even so and still recovering from knee surgery, my wife will prob'ly spend all day tomorrow cooking. I know we're going to have mincemeat (bison) and apple pie, mebe pumpkin too. Gosh, I hate that. I'm on dinner roll detail and just popped the fruitbread into the oven. Hope y'all have a very Merry CHRISTmas. Regards, Woody

jcwit
12-24-2010, 10:30 PM
Wife and I in our 60's and can't wait for the grownup kids to come home and bring the Grandkids with them. Dinner tomorrow? Sloppy Joes, chips, snacks & pies.
Christmas is all about Christ, Love, & Family.

BTW Christmas Eve on FOX News isn't too bad either.

I missed one, Christmas is also about Friends.

mold maker
12-24-2010, 10:52 PM
Family tradition since I married, 48 yr ago, has been Christmas, all day, with Mom and Dad. Their both gone now, but the family and some friends will still gather at Mom's and Santa will have left presents for all. Most of Christmas dinner is ready for the finals, and Breakfast goodies are laid out for a 6:00 rush.
We almost had to forget it this year, because heat and hot water combo gave out. Today the contractor worked 7 hr to get the new system up and running even though not finished.
I may not see many more such gatherings but the 17 Christmas guests will once more make memories at our home this year. I plan to start moving in by New Years.
Life is good.
Wishing you all,
The Best Christmas ever, and a Wondrous New Year.

Ben
12-24-2010, 10:59 PM
Christmas is all about Christ, Love, & Family

Well spoken........well spoken indeed !

Taylor
12-25-2010, 07:33 AM
All of mine are here,save one.I wish he were here.

SciFiJim
12-26-2010, 12:09 AM
Today is the first day of three weeks of vacation. It will be great to spend time with the kids while they are home from college.