PDA

View Full Version : Christmas Gift to Self

zardoz
12-23-2010, 01:25 AM
Christmas came just in time for me.

I had two pump 12 gauge guns, but had been hankerin' for a semi-auto for a very long time.

I finally spied the perfect one on a popular auction site for guns. Incredible price, especially with the scope package. Even the pawn shop FFL guys were agog at the deal.

Remington 11-87, 3" chamber, fully rifled slug barrel with cantilever, Nikon Slugmaster scope.

Yesterday after taking delivery, I added the pistol grip stock, and the tac-star magazine extension. The magazine tube had the dimples ala 870, and found a better way to get the dimples down. Used a dremel with the little sanding drum, and carefully ground down the dimples (for shell clearance on extension) from the inside. I got the inside dimples smooth, and did not break through the metal to the outside, so it was better than drilling them out.

The gas system needed a good cleaning, and even though the gun was almost brand new, it looked like nobody ever cleaned much of anything on the insides. A little CLP overall, and everything was slick and clean.

Took it outside, loaded up with 5 of my handloaded Lyman sabot slugs (525 grain cast of ACWW, Blue Dot, and Rem S3 wad in a Winchester AA hull).

Had 5 half gallon plastic jugs filled with water, that needed to be recycled badly.
The scope was right on the money at 20 yards, and all 5 jugs met their ultimate end in rapid succession. Slick as could be, and the trigger is perfect, being better than either of the pump guns. The only element in delaying my target re-acquisition, was the recoil (which was not as bad as the pump guns either).

So without further delay, I present my newest implement of kinetic projection, the beast I have named "The Dominator". :-P

http://myfiero.com/uploads/24401_.jpg

Calamity Jake
12-23-2010, 09:34 AM
I to won the bid for a christmas gift to self. A nickel 4" S&W M57, I put the check in the mail this morning, won't get it until after Jan. 1 but that's OK.

Nice SG BTW.

leftiye
12-23-2010, 08:49 PM
Yup, I got an air rifle!

C1PNR
12-26-2010, 08:30 PM
Mine is "permission" from SWMBO to buy the Leupold 2.5 to 8 or maybe the 3.5 to 10 for my Model 70 in 270 Winchester.

I've had the rifle for quite a while, and had quite a bit of work done to the stock to repair a severe crack in the recoil lug, but when I bought it, my friend selling it wanted the Scope, rings, and bases and I just haven't had the where-with-all to replace them.

I did pick up the rings and bases some time ago, but the Scope is obviously a major purchase. Now I can get it![smilie=w:

threett1
12-26-2010, 10:03 PM
Some time back, but treating it as a Christmas to self; Ruger Bisley, unfluted, blued, 7.5 barrel in 45 Colt. Wanted one forever. Went to a shop with my enabler friend and saw it. Showed no emotion and even kept from drooling on the counter. Went back a couple days later with a stack of 20s in the amount I was wiliing to give. He counted them and said that would do. Extremely pleased with myself, I took it home. The 270 SAA seems to be the ticket, and will do some work with a 300 gr GC mold I have.