PDA

View Full Version : My new Wolfe Publishing Subscription!

Jim_Fleming
12-22-2010, 08:26 PM
Guys, I think I just hit the damn MOTHER LODE!

I just now signed up for a one (1) year online only subscription for Rifle, Handloader, and Hunter magazines... $18.95 (no big deal I think, I get all three excellent magazines for downloading, right...?) :arrow:

WRONG! Not only do I get downloadable issues of those magazines for a year, by damn I get access to OLD ISSUES of all three magazines! :holysheep :holysheep :holysheep

I assume that I get to at least view them (perhaps download them?) for a year, then I renew, etc...)

What a fantastic deal!

harley45
12-22-2010, 10:19 PM
I have the digital subscription also and I download the current issue to my harddrive, I did not know about the back issue part, How does that work?

Dale53
12-22-2010, 10:42 PM
Jim Fleming;
I have had the same three magazine electronic subscription for several years. The back orders are not available without buying them. What you are offered, is a SAMPLE of the particular magazine. Sometimes it has something of value in the sample, and mostly not. Not that I am criticizing Wolfe, just clarifying.

As a GOOD example of a sample that is very useful is from Handloader Issue #246. This contains Brian Pearce's article on the RCBS 45-270-SAA cast bullet. This is an EXCELLENT article and I have found it VERY useful when using the MiHec version of the RCBS 45-270-SAA bullet, which may be the single best bullet for the .45 Colt at any reasonable velocity.

Just a comment or two...
Dale53

Jim_Fleming
12-23-2010, 03:12 PM
Thank you Dale. I found this out afteri had posted that hadn't gotten around to clarifying.

SERIOUSLY, thank you.

Jim_Fleming
12-23-2010, 03:13 PM
Harley 45

Did Dale's post clear things up?

Jim_Fleming
12-23-2010, 03:15 PM
Dale, I did go back about 5.5-6.0 years worth of back issues and beyond, and got some selected articles to come as web pages. Have you tried that, yet?