PDA

View Full Version : Stonewall Creek Outfitters

daddywpb
12-22-2010, 06:33 PM
Was wondering if anyone has dealt with Troy at Stonewall Creek? He is re-barreling my renegade flinter for me. Very nice guy, and he knows his stuff! I talked to him today to see how it was going, and he said he's got it togeather and shot it. Shooting RB's into the same hole. I'm thrilled! Whe he gets done bluing it for me, it'll be on the way back here. I can't wait to shoot it! If you need anything black powder, give him a shout.

DIRT Farmer
12-22-2010, 08:03 PM
I delt with Vern Davis for years, Then he sold to Stonewall Outfitters, I buy from them at Friendship and have had good service.

41cal
12-22-2010, 09:33 PM
I have never dealt with troy. However, i have been looking into a 54 or 58 cal flint barrel in a round ball twist for a T/C hawken. Since greenmountain is not making any drop in barrels (at least they are not in any hurry) My only option other than finding one used would be to have one made.
Is troy useing a T/c breech plug with the removeable vent liner?
What twist did you end up going with?
I am looking forward to hearing your report on this barrel when you get it back.

Thanks for the info,
Mark

DIRT Farmer
12-22-2010, 11:52 PM
41cal, I do know that Tip Curtis Frontieer Shop has the breeach plugs and in September he had the barrels at Frindship.

daddywpb
12-23-2010, 05:57 AM
I have never dealt with troy. However, i have been looking into a 54 or 58 cal flint barrel in a round ball twist for a T/C hawken. Since greenmountain is not making any drop in barrels (at least they are not in any hurry) My only option other than finding one used would be to have one made.
Is troy useing a T/c breech plug with the removeable vent liner?
What twist did you end up going with?
I am looking forward to hearing your report on this barrel when you get it back.

Thanks for the info,
Mark

That was my problem too. I have a .50 cal percussion Renegade, and bought a GM drop in barrel for it in .58 cal. It shot great and I really liked the .58 caliber. A few months later, I found a .50 cal flintlock Renegade. Groups with the factory barrel were so-so at best, so I looked into getting another GM drop in for the flinter. I found out they didn't make one in .58, so I was going to settle for a .50 GM barrel, but good luck finding one. I called GM, and they couldn't even tell me if they were going to make T/C barrels sometime in 2011. I looked for one for months. Someone else directed me to Troy looking for a GM barrel, which he didn't have either, but he mentioned he had a .58 cal Rice barrel that he had just gotten. A few questions later, I was having him make me a barrel for the flintlock. It will have the same 32" length as the percussion gun, so they will look like twins. He had the breech plug, made an under rib and ordered T/C Renegade thimbles to keep the same look. The T/C sights were used off the factory barrel.

The breech plug does have a removable vent liner. Twist is 1:66. He got a ragged hole group with .570 balls and a .015 patch.

Should be a couple more weeks before I get it back, then I'll take some pictures and shoot it. Can't wait!

northmn
12-23-2010, 02:33 PM
Stonewall is a good outfit. I dealt with them to get a Rayl 25 barrel and lock for my squirrel rifle.

DP

DIRT Farmer
12-24-2010, 10:42 PM
Now if we could get them to get another run of the 4 gauge barrels, I could build a real hog thumper.