PDA

View Full Version : TC Renegade Question for the PROS!!!

gee-gaw
12-20-2010, 09:53 PM
Hey Guys,
I'm wantin to shoot a match at Alvin York's home-place this March, and it requires that my rifle, a TC Renegade, have ( fixed ) sights. Seems to me I remember TC offering a fixed rear sight for there Hawkin and Renegade rifles as an accessory. Do any of you remember these? Is my oldtimers, creepin up on me or did they actually make these? Wish some body would answer my WTB post with one, and offer it up for sale. What- cha think?
Wayne

Marvin S
12-20-2010, 11:05 PM
They did offer them at one time.

northmn
12-20-2010, 11:40 PM
Did a quick view on Track's website and did not see on. One possibility would be to buy a fixed rear sight with a long base and use the factory sight as a template to drill holes for one of the primitive rear sights as offered. The rear sights that they sell require a bit of filing anyway as they always have a casting sprue on the base taht has to be filed off. You also need to file in a notch for about any front sight.

DP

gee-gaw
12-20-2010, 11:59 PM
That's great info, DP, may have to go in that direction.
Wayne

DIRT Farmer
12-21-2010, 12:35 AM
The chunk shooters seem o find the old T-C fixed sights around, I was given one to put on my rifle. For some reason I think the guys are trying to get me on that end of the line.

Geraldo
12-21-2010, 07:52 AM
I've got a full buckhorn rear on a TC that you could probably talk me out of if that would suit you.

WildShot
12-21-2010, 11:33 AM
T/C Catalog No. 17 (1990) list that sight as part number 9070 to be used with front sight part number 9060.

gee-gaw
12-21-2010, 10:34 PM
WildShot,
That's some interesting reading you have there, thanks for the part numbers, they will help me get what I need. And prove that I'm not crazy...yet!

Geraldo,
Those full buck horn rear sights look soooo period correct, but danged if I can shoot anything smaller than an elephant with em! I'll have to pass for now. Thanks!!!

Dirt Farmer,
You know your not gonna put that sight on your favorite smoke-pole!!! Sell it to me...or better yet, let me swap you out of it! What do ya need? What do ya want? I think I'll be shootin over a chunk of somthin in this match and those sights are exactly what I need!!! You know, Help a brother out!!! Pm sent your way.
Thanks guys for the info. Once again my Cast Boolit Brothers has given me the scoop and all the info a person could ask for.
Thanks,
Wayne

pietro
12-23-2010, 01:03 PM
FWIW, The Gun Works muzzleloading carries a whole bunch of fixed rear sights, some of which bolt/screw right into the T/C renegade & hawken factory rear sight holes.

I bought a fixed sight for my .54 Renegade there for $20, last Summer

gee-gaw
12-23-2010, 09:49 PM
Thanks pietro, I found one today.
Wayne

DIRT Farmer
12-23-2010, 10:05 PM
OK gee-gaw when is the official cast boolit chunk gun shoot? I wonder if there are any other hog rifle shooters here.

gee-gaw
12-26-2010, 05:14 PM
I don't know, but I'm wanting to try it out! I shot the rifle some Friday and wasn't very impressed, guess I just need to work on the load and the shooter. If you get one together give me a shout, I'd like to try it. Maybe a postal match...just thinkin
Wayne

fishhawk
12-26-2010, 05:18 PM
take a chunk of 1/2 inch square stock a hack saw a file and make one! did that on more than one rifle of mine. steve k

Tom W.
12-26-2010, 05:59 PM
When I bought my Hawken I bought the fixed rear and replacement sight, as I didn't care at all for the adjustable sight that came on the rifle. With 70 gr of FFg and a poly patch I could cloverleaf all day long @ 75 yards off hand.

I done got old now...