PDA

View Full Version : casters in SE Pennsylvania?

QuakertownRich
12-20-2010, 09:00 AM
Was wondering if there were any boolit casters close-by for help casting boolits. let me know by email. Thanx.
richard_kratz at yahoo.com

QuakertownRich
12-22-2010, 05:41 PM
Well I see there have been 37 views, but no offers to help. Not a very helpful pool of ppl on this forum I see.

AnthonyB
12-22-2010, 05:52 PM
Rich:
This is the most helpful forum on the internet, IMO. I would assume no one from SE PA has seen the post. I'm in Northern VA (Woodbridge). What help do you need?
Tony

imashooter2
12-22-2010, 06:07 PM
2 days and already an attitude. You asked for people close by. What do you consider that to be?

QuakertownRich
12-22-2010, 10:56 PM
2 days and already an attitude. You asked for people close by. What do you consider that to be?

I don't have an attitude, just making an obvious observation. Only took reading your posts to about 3rd page to realize YOUR obvious cranky old man attitude, that I surely wouldn't want to correspond with you regarding helpful tips.
Anyone else BESIDES grumpy grandpa within 50 miles of Allentown, Pa that I could lend out my various handgun and rifle molds I've collected, but yet to obtain rest of casting equipment, and help along, PLEASE respond.

waksupi
12-23-2010, 12:21 AM
I don't have an attitude, just making an obvious observation. Only took reading your posts to about 3rd page to realize YOUR obvious cranky old man attitude, that I surely wouldn't want to correspond with you regarding helpful tips.
Anyone else BESIDES grumpy grandpa within 50 miles of Allentown, Pa that I could lend out my various handgun and rifle molds I've collected, but yet to obtain rest of casting equipment, and help along, PLEASE respond.

I'll make an observation for you. Addressing people in that manner is not welcome here. Be civil. You are the one asking for a favor. Your attitude does not encourage anyone to help you. You may want to start over, and try this all again in a different tone.

DeanWinchester
12-23-2010, 12:25 AM
....catch more flies with honey than vinegar, but if you throw poo every fly here may swarm on the steamy pile.

QuakertownRich
12-23-2010, 10:12 AM
I'll make an observation for you. Addressing people in that manner is not welcome here. Be civil. You are the one asking for a favor. Your attitude does not encourage anyone to help you. You may want to start over, and try this all again in a different tone.

You are correct. I apologize for my sniping response. It's understood ppl FROM SE Pennsylvania (like for instance Folsom, PA)who didn't offer any help would be put off by my calling them on it, and I shouldn't have.

imashooter2
12-23-2010, 07:40 PM
Huh! I had to review my first 3 pages of posts to see just why I was so soundly rebuked by the gentleman from Quakertown. Seems I had a disagreement with some folks over brash assumptions made over a name in a child's school book and when asked I stated my opinion on hunting over bait. Both of those in areas specifically reserved for such discussions. Other than that, I offered some stuff for sale, left positive feedback for a member and engaged in a bit of pointless chatter. Oh yeah, I also posted 25 or so answers for folks asking for help.

Anyway, I deeply regret that you consider 50 miles up a toll road to be close by and are offended that I disagree. Good luck with your search.

QuakertownRich
12-23-2010, 09:32 PM
Did anyone really think I expected THEM to drive HERE? I don't have equipment here, what would the point be? To get someone opinion WHERE to put it? Like I said, I've aquired some molds, wanted to get some advice/tips on how/where to purchase, maybe check out their setup. With age comes wisdom, but that's not always the case, obviously.

waksupi
12-23-2010, 11:06 PM
Rich, I am thinking you will not be with this forum much longer.

Doc Highwall
12-23-2010, 11:15 PM
Rich, read through the stickys you can learn a lot there.

imashooter2
12-23-2010, 11:55 PM
Well Rich, you didn't say any of that. What you said was:

Was wondering if there were any boolit casters close-by for help casting boolits. let me know by email. Thanx.
richard_kratz at yahoo.com

And then 2 days later:

Well I see there have been 37 views, but no offers to help. Not a very helpful pool of ppl on this forum I see.

All of this unpleasantness could have been avoided with a first post like this:

"Hi, I'm a new member. I'd really like to get some mentoring from an experienced caster within 50 miles of Allentown, PA. I would gladly come to your house when convenient. I also have some molds that I could bring for you to try out if you like."

But alas, that ship has sailed... Perhaps you could start a fresh thread with better technique and someone you haven't already spit on will read it and offer to help.

Trey45
12-24-2010, 09:52 AM
After seeing the attitude you have here boy if I was your next door neighbor I still wouldn't offer my help. You've got a problem Rich, and it has nothing to do with casting.....

Dennis Eugene
12-24-2010, 10:07 AM
Well I believe that to be a record! And he did it in only 6 posts. Dennis Eugene

old turtle
12-24-2010, 10:10 AM
The people on this board are experienced and very knowledgeable about casting and firearms. I have been casting for over 40 years and I still find ideas and information that I did not have. I have posted help and received help. Rich, if you need help you should post your problem and or question. I would suggest that you obtain some books on casting if you have not done so. People on this board will even suggest books for you if ask. This is not a site for snippy comments. Our members are world wide as is their experience.

QuakertownRich
12-24-2010, 12:36 PM
The people on this board are experienced and very knowledgeable about casting and firearms. I have been casting for over 40 years and I still find ideas and information that I did not have. I have posted help and received help. Rich, if you need help you should post your problem and or question. I would suggest that you obtain some books on casting if you have not done so. People on this board will even suggest books for you if ask. This is not a site for snippy comments. Our members are world wide as is their experience.

Thank you, turtle. I will do just that. This and the 'search' button will probably be the most beneficial in my quest.

old turtle
12-24-2010, 01:26 PM
Good luck and best wishes in casting and shooting. Welcome to a great sport and hobby. Just ask and you will receive.

thegreatdane
04-03-2012, 01:43 PM
I will be moving to SW PA this summer. I searched the forum for fellow casters in the area. Let me know if you're anywhere in the SW PA region.

RU shooter
04-03-2012, 04:00 PM
I will be moving to SW PA this summer. I searched the forum for fellow casters in the area. Let me know if you're anywhere in the SW PA region. Welcome to the neighborhood Great dane. Where abouts are you going to be in the area? Im down near Connellsville in Fayette Co.

Shooter6br
04-03-2012, 04:05 PM
Hi Qt Rich Rick from Warminster here

southpaw
04-04-2012, 06:24 PM
QuakertownRich has not signed in since 3-22-2011. I doubt he is going to respond.

I am in the north eastern part of the state. By scranton and wilkes barre If anyone wants to get together this summer and do some shooting. I should have the house done in the next couple of months and I will have a shooting range at it.

Jerry Jr.

Roundnoser
04-04-2012, 06:37 PM
QuakertownRich has not signed in since 3-22-2011. I doubt he is going to respond.

I am in the north eastern part of the state. By scranton and wilkes barre If anyone wants to get together this summer and do some shooting. I should have the house done in the next couple of months and I will have a shooting range at it.

Jerry Jr.

Hey Southpaw,

I have family and inlaws in the north east. I grew up in a town called Moscow. Heard of it? My Mother lives near Elk Mountain in Susquehanna Co. -- I hunted all around there as a kid...Waymart...Covington, Daleville, Maple Lake, Elmhurst, etc.

I make it back to visit a couple times a year....I'll let you know the next time I'm planing the trip.

crappie-hunter
04-04-2012, 07:37 PM
Rich I am having trouble with your e-mail address trying to contact you. send me a PM on this board

thegreatdane
04-05-2012, 02:34 PM
I'd love to meet up with you guys. I'll send some PMs.

thegreatdane
04-05-2012, 02:38 PM
... and I just read the first page of this thread (posted hastilly after searching for "PA").

Wow. That guy didn't last too long.

thegreatdane
05-21-2012, 11:05 PM
No more PA for this guy. My plans have changed. Now I'm looking for GA friends.

bob208
05-30-2012, 02:35 PM
i can tell you this asking for help then not have your location is really bad form. we are not mind readers. no se pa is not a location. i see other locations that are worse.

i went for long time without my location. i fixed that today.

thegreatdane
05-30-2012, 06:24 PM
i can tell you this asking for help then not have your location is really bad form. we are not mind readers. no se pa is not a location. i see other locations that are worse.

i went for long time without my location. i fixed that today.

I shall do the same; however, I'm not asking for anyone's help. I'm merely looking for fellow casters, shooting buddies, and overall - friends. Yes, I like to keep my location very generic for personal reasons. That said, I'm no longer planning on SE PA. I'm Georgia-bound.

Thanks for the reply.