PDA

View Full Version : Rhineland Arms 45 ACP/ 45 WM kits

Hackleback
10-21-2006, 12:06 AM
Rhineland Arms is making these kits to build carbines on either Enfield or Mauser actions.

http://www.rhinelandarms.com/

Does anyone have experience with these kits?
Are they worth the money or time?
How fast do you think one could push the 45 ACP with +p+ loads in one of these rifles?
Is the increase in performance of the 45 wm over 45 ACP worth the extra effort to find brass and have to reload everything?
Would like a fun plinker that can be used for hunting deer and the like with warm loads.

Thank you for your thoughts.

dk17hmr
10-21-2006, 01:57 AM
Oh man....my girlfriend isnt going to be happy with you. I want one of those things now..lol

With my completely unprofessional opinion I woulnt see a problem loading 45 super in that conversion, the action was made for an 8mm after all. 45 super can push a 260gr bullet out of a 5" barrel at 1150 pretty easy. It would be very interesting to see what it would do out of a longer barrel.

What a great close range deer rifle that would be, about right for a kid or a woman. Probably not alot of recoil either.

Bullshop
10-21-2006, 02:52 PM
I have two of those on Enfield actions. They will handle some stout loads. The beauty of the conversion is the acp cartridge and 1911 clips, availability. These are superb small game guns and just plain fun plinking guns. I think the win mag would detract from that not add to it. If you would need more power than the acp can deliver might just as well convert one to 45/70. BTW I also have 6 converted to 45/70. We use the acp by far the most. Surley you could take dear with one but in my view its not a dear gun. But for small game it delivers a knock out punch like no other without destroying the meat. Right on top of my list for the most fun guns we have!
BIC/BS

HTRN
10-23-2006, 07:58 PM
There's a coupla things I like about how Rhineland has done the Enfield kit - one, the new barrel is like a savage, anybody can install and headspace with hand tools, no lathe required, and two, they sell the individual components, which is important to me, because I'd rather fit a custom pipe, so I can use an XS scout mount and dot sight.

It does look really nice in a sythetic setup:
http://www.rhinelandarms.com/Enfield/pics/enfieldcover.jpg

HTRN

Bullshop
10-23-2006, 09:16 PM
HTRN
Hay you dont nead that nice long range sight on that short range gun. Such a waste! I'll trade ya a real nice two position type fer it. Rock solid with no moving parst to break. Better hurry and snap it up before I start thinkin I nead some taboot too. BTW better uncock that thang!
BIC/BS