PDA

View Full Version : Have you ever want to scream....

Char-Gar
12-19-2010, 02:59 PM
"BULL DUNG", or something like that, upon reading some posts, that you know are totally beyond the mechanical abilities of whatever type of firearms, bullet and load involved?

Don't start with this.."Just because you can't do, it doesn't mean he can't do it."..stuff! There is some stuff posted, that is not just beyond the plausible, or the probably, but beyond the possible.

There now, I feel a little better.

45nut
12-19-2010, 03:26 PM
Seem's I heard that during a POTUS address too!

mpmarty
12-19-2010, 03:31 PM
ah yes, a legend in his own mind.

markinalpine
12-19-2010, 03:45 PM
"Have You Ever Wanted To Scream..."
If you do, just remember this, NO ONE CAN HEAR YOU! :Fire:
Except people in your vicinity, not us. [smilie=f:

Merry Christmas,
Mark [smilie=s:

geargnasher
12-19-2010, 03:53 PM
What set you off this time? Ol' SmokinJ over at AR?

Gear

looseprojectile
12-19-2010, 04:18 PM
Just so you won't feel like you are all alone. Yes I do.
There are a lot of posts I just stay out of cause they are so far out of my world.
Wanna talk about my new Browning 92 44magnum?

Life is good

Jim
12-19-2010, 04:22 PM
I don't scream. I just shake my head and rolls my eyes. "Yeah, right. Whatever".

home in oz
12-19-2010, 04:36 PM
Sometimes you just have to throw the BS Flag and get on with life.

ESPECIALLY when it concerns politicians.....

Jim
12-19-2010, 05:11 PM
.....and shootin' cast boolits.

stainless1911
12-19-2010, 07:15 PM
I'll admit I screamed a bit when I got molten lead splattered all over me.

Bwana
12-19-2010, 07:28 PM
Go ahead and give them up. I'm sure we would all like to have a laugh too. That's what I do, laugh, and then proceed to point out their errors. At which point they generally go on the attack and that can be fun too. Over at GlockTalk I have a group of devoted followers. All I had to do to get them is point out their errors and not back down when they came after me. It has been a HOOT!

bhn22
12-19-2010, 09:29 PM
Just for you Chargar... I feel the pain

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evr_tP9cJWY&feature=player_embedded

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wqgSSAh8Cqs&NR=1

btroj
12-19-2010, 09:49 PM
I'm with you Chargar. I love the " I plan to do it because I want it to happen ballistic realities be damned" posts.
I also like the "best" posts. Does the " best" exist in shooting other than in the mind of one person?
WOW, do I feel better.

stainless1911
12-19-2010, 10:01 PM
priceless

geargnasher
12-20-2010, 01:13 AM
freakin' awesome bhn22!

Gear

saidnuff
12-20-2010, 01:48 AM
I have the great skill to not know if it's possible or not. But then again not being possible has never stopped anyone before... Just ask the Wright Bros.

charger 1
12-20-2010, 06:29 AM
"BULL DUNG", or something like that, upon reading some posts, that you know are totally beyond the mechanical abilities of whatever type of firearms, bullet and load involved?

Don't start with this.."Just because you can't do, it doesn't mean he can't do it."..stuff! There is some stuff posted, that is not just beyond the plausible, or the probably, but beyond the possible.

Chargar
I don't know your age and thats fine, but I get the impression your not 19. I find as I'm getting up in years my BS meter peeks a lot easier than it used to. Everyone says "walk away" Maybe some folk can, but if its not in your biological make up it's hard to do huh[smilie=b:

But its the world of fantasia that keeps some businesses alive

Bret4207
12-20-2010, 07:52 AM
Whats worse is when your very own personal memory says one thing and simple facts say another. Then you end up screaming at yourself.

45 2.1
12-20-2010, 08:14 AM
Most people here need to see it done in front of their own eyes before comprehension that they "just could be WRONG" sets in. If the rifle can do it with jacketed, then its your skills with cast "THAT ARE LACKING". 357 Maximum got a real good dose of that this last summer.......................... Ask him about it. And Charles, the earth is flat was a very commonly held firm belief, just like some things here.........................

Bass Ackward
12-20-2010, 08:53 AM
What's funny is identifying the screamers so you can watch them.

Screamers like to set the height of "the bar" so that everything fails.

Was that shot with 10, 343 shot groups at sea level in a dead calm? Cause if it was windy, the wind could have blown " a " flier back into one of those groups. Or if you were high up, gravity would have less effect on low going fliers.

:brokenima

Fishman
12-20-2010, 10:18 AM

That's hilarious.

x101airborne
12-20-2010, 10:59 AM
Ok, who ever in the hell did those cartoons...... GOOD ON YA!!!!!

old turtle
12-20-2010, 11:22 AM
Unfortunately most of this I hear in gun shops. I wouldn't like guns if all of my information was based on TV or the movies. Some gun magazines are just as bad. Oh well! people who know everything greatly aggravate those of us who really do know everything. He he he

Char-Gar
12-20-2010, 12:32 PM
Fishman.. Thank you for that. It was very funny, but also to close for comfort.

9.3X62AL
12-20-2010, 12:44 PM
I find myself growing a bit more tolerant/obliging/indulgent with those making claims that run across the grain of my experiences or beliefs. I may be no closer to believing what I read, but less willing to challenge what others purport. I thought I was supposed to get crankier as I aged. Perhaps not.

DeanWinchester
12-20-2010, 12:50 PM
I find myself growing a bit more tolerant/obliging/indulgent with those making claims that run across the grain of my experiences or beliefs. I may be no closer to believing what I read, but less willing to challenge what others purport. I thought I was supposed to get crankier as I aged. Perhaps not.

I wonder if you suffer from the same thing I have. A serious predilection to inside jokes. To the point of, allowing others to make blathering idiots of themselves so that you have the pleasure of amusing yourself with their sheer dumbassery at a later time.

Jack Stanley
12-20-2010, 01:13 PM
I wonder if you suffer from the same thing I have. A serious predilection to inside jokes. To the point of, allowing others to make blathering idiots of themselves so that you have the pleasure of amusing yourself with their sheer dumbassery at a later time.

That's one of the main reasons I go to gun shows is to listen to people doing just that . The hard part is not laughing at them right away and saving the moment for later .

Jack

btroj
12-20-2010, 01:19 PM
Sad thing is that so many people believe the garbage they hear. On the internet, at a gunshot, in a gunshot, at the range. Too many experts. Too many people willing to listen. Too few people willing to go out and do the work themselves and really learn.
I too like to laugh at these morons but they also scare me. They are the face of gun owners in today's society. Their idiocy and big mouths are what give gun owners a bad name. That I can't, and won't, sit by and watch.

mdi
12-20-2010, 01:41 PM

A lot of us will mellow with age, but I've found out it only raises my blood pressure when I get pi$$ed at some words on a computer screen. Especially when I know that I know what I'm talking about, and they, of course, are wrong...:killingpc

This quote found in gear's sig. line should be out goal; just head it off...

You can't fix Stupid, but you can occasionally head it off before it hurts something. --Stephen Adams

AZ-Stew
12-20-2010, 03:35 PM

Did you just read the "M-die for pistol" thread, too?

Regards,

Stew

Bass Ackward
12-20-2010, 04:20 PM
Too few people willing to go out and do the work themselves and really learn.

And this is pretty much everything in a nut shell.

So I antagonize. Makes / forces people "to" think.

Human nature being what it is, if you stimulate emotion, you "MIGHT" get someone to try. If they don't, then they weren't going to anyway.

casterofboolits
12-20-2010, 04:49 PM
If you want to really get a gigggle, or think about beating your head against the wall, visit some of the other gun forums out there!

Cast Boolits is a gold mine! Gotta respect all the know how here!

nes4ever69
12-20-2010, 05:44 PM
Read the video comments on some of the gun video's on You Tube. Cause as we all know the Deagle 50 ae. is the exact same thing as a 500 magnum only cooler cause it's on a COD game and that's why it is better and more powerfull.

1Shirt
12-20-2010, 05:51 PM
Ignorance is sometimes capable of being cured thru education and the desire to learn. That said, when they are stuck on stupid, there is probably just no hope!
1Shirt!:coffee:

Dframe
12-20-2010, 05:55 PM
Seem's I heard that during a POTUS address too!
Thats one of the funniest posts I've ever read. GOOD ONE!

nanuk
12-21-2010, 12:27 AM
My wife thinks I know everything

I tell her that I don't, but I'll never admit that in public!

:)

bigted
12-21-2010, 01:48 AM
my ol granny used to tell me on a regular ocassion that " A MAN CONVINCED AGAINST HIS WILL IS OF THE SAME OPINION STILL" this requires that you have something to believe in first off. if you have not the gumpsion to learn firsthand...then you will be swayed to and fro with whatever wind comes along.

and yes id like to hear about your m-92 browning!

let the swingers and swayers have their way as this is the best they can ever hope for till an education comes into their path to enlighten and release them.

wow i just reread this and ill post it before i mess it up...lol

Bloodman14
12-21-2010, 03:31 AM

All that bad language wasn't necessary; but the point IS made.

Piedmont
12-21-2010, 05:27 AM
My favorite youtube video is the young man reviewing his new LCR Ruger. He shows everyone how his shooting has caused gas cutting on the topstrap and sent "molten aluminum" onto the front lateral edge of his cylinder. And it is just lead. Probably the first time the dufus ever shot lead ammo, but he knows how to put a video on youtube and it is 2010 so his opinion is a good as anyone else's.

I got a good laugh out of that but there are folks even on gun forums that take that video seriously.

Tazman1602
12-21-2010, 05:40 AM
Chargar you're not talking about Bull. You're talking about "Stress"

"Stress is the confusion created when one's mind overrides the bodys basic desire to choke the living snot out of someone who desperately deserves it"

..........'nuff said, you cain't fix stupid.......................

Bret4207
12-21-2010, 08:09 AM
And this is pretty much everything in a nut shell.

So I antagonize. Makes / forces people "to" think.

Human nature being what it is, if you stimulate emotion, you "MIGHT" get someone to try. If they don't, then they weren't going to anyway.

You make me think, but sometimes you write stuff and I can't wrap my head around what it is you're trying to say. Personally, I appreciate you posting, even when it does add to my stress level.

Taz- That quote about sums 90% of my interaction with people up in a nutshell, Especially my kids!!!

Crash_Corrigan
12-21-2010, 09:33 AM
I love going to the range and eavesdropping on the couch rambo's that come up to spew thier take on all thing gun related. I keep my mouth shut and my head turned away so they can't see me laughing but I keep the volume up on my ear muff noise protectors so I can muffle the shots but hear the BS.

I generally bring my Garand loaded with pp cast boolts, my BPCR 50-90 Sharps Winchester 1885 and either my little CZ .223 bolt gun or my 8x57 Mauser. These are all lovingly loaded by me with my cast boolits.

There are some permanent very heavy duty metal targets out there at 300 and 400 yds that I generally leave alone until I am fully warmed up and in the zone so to speak. I set my steel targets out at 100 and 200 yds and have at them whilst listening to the gab around me.

It is quite entertaining and I reallly recommend it to any of our members if you really want a good laugh. The typical couch rambo super ninja tackitikal cool dude with his Oakey shooting glasses, 5.11 Tactical clothing and jump boots and unrolling his tactical nylon shooting mat/rug/gun case open and extracting the latest and greatest 6.8 SPC x whatever currently popularly espoused in the gun rags calibre holds forth on everything gun related to an enthralled audience of unemployed trade guys from 21 to 45.

They are just so cool. They put out their paper targets at 50 yds or so and have it it with much rapid firiing and spraying of brass pretty much everywhere.

They are really big on shooting surplus ammo and AP rounds with a few traces thrown in just to make things interesting. A fella next to me was interested in my Garand the steady sound of my rounds hitting the steel at 200 yds and wanted to try it with his rifle. I asked to see his rounds that he intended to shoot at my target and I asked him not to shoot my targets with those rounds as they were steel core AP rounds which would probably at least dent up my targets.

Mine are made with AR steel and as such withstand my 695 GR lead boolits but will show damage with a .223 steel core or AP round at 200 yds. My all lead boolits just splash lead around and make dust and noise but do not hurt the targets.

So I tell this guy why not try your rounds on the 300 yd target hanging out there. It is 5 inches thick and 30" x 24" high and it is not moving around much.

He blazed away for about two magazines full and got one hit. Then his buddies and the couch rambo types got into it. Pretty soon half of the line was blasting away at the 300 steel target and about 95% of the shots were misses.

Oh they were cussing the wind, the ammo, the guns and anything else they could blame for thier lack of skill.

During a lull in the firing I let go a clip from my Garand and I was rewarded with 8 hits and 8 very loud clangs from the target.

This produced another fullisade from the tackitical ninja crowd with few hits.

During a lull caused by overheated barrels and such I let off another clip from the M-1 and then there was silence.

Only the sound of a few old timers like myself slowly shooting thier old rifles one round at a time and the whistling wind off the desert floor.

It took about 15 minutes for all the couch rambos to leave quietly.

Then I was alone. Life is good.

Bass Ackward
12-21-2010, 09:54 AM
You make me think, but sometimes you write stuff and I can't wrap my head around what it is you're trying to say.

I generally get three comments.

1. You aren't clear enough in what you wrote.

2. You are too long winded.

3. You are crazier than hell.

So I try to compromise on the first two and hide the third. Sometimes it works, sometimes ........................

Three44s
12-21-2010, 11:07 AM
Quote by Crash Corrigan:

"So I tell this guy why not try your rounds on the 300 yd target hanging out there. It is 5 inches thick and 30" x 24" high and it is not moving around much.

He blazed away for about two magazines full and got one hit. Then his buddies and the couch rambo types got into it. Pretty soon half of the line was blasting away at the 300 steel target and about 95% of the shots were misses.

Oh they were cussing the wind, the ammo, the guns and anything else they could blame for thier lack of skill.

During a lull in the firing I let go a clip from my Garand and I was rewarded with 8 hits and 8 very loud clangs from the target.

This produced another fullisade from the tackitical ninja crowd with few hits.

During a lull caused by overheated barrels and such I let off another clip from the M-1 and then there was silence.
Quote by Crash Corrigan:

"Only the sound of a few old timers like myself slowly shooting thier old rifles one round at a time and the whistling wind off the desert floor.

It took about 15 minutes for all the couch rambos to leave quietly.

Then I was alone. Life is good. "

I'd got busy with a scoop shovel and harvested all that brass!! LOL!!

Three 44s

mdi
12-21-2010, 12:48 PM
If you want to really get a gigggle, or think about beating your head against the wall, visit some of the other gun forums out there!

Cast Boolits is a gold mine! Gotta respect all the know how here!

Yep, I've seen "bandwagoneering" on stuff I just couldn't brelieve. Especially answers to newcomer's questions; New guy askes a question, forum "expert" (and bully), gives their version of an answer (along with admonishing the newbie for not knowing something already), and then the rest of the "guru's" followers pile on the newbie. (And the "expert's answer was questionable, or plain wrong!)

12-21-2010, 01:13 PM
I quit another forum because of super inflated and my-way-is-the-only-way egos. Now, I'm down to one forum, this one.

mpmarty
12-21-2010, 03:29 PM
I'm glad there are more than one "ways" to accomplish ones goals. I just wish the "other" ways worked.

Bret4207
12-22-2010, 08:55 AM
I quit another forum because of super inflated and my-way-is-the-only-way egos. Now, I'm down to one forum, this one.

Oh yeah, try posting most anything accurate about shooting cast in most other venues and you stand a good chance of either being flamed to death, treated like a mouth breathing-plant life IQ imbecile or called a liar outright. I kind of gave up after a while. And for goodness sake- don't write BOOLITS!!! You can call them heads, pills, slugs, tips etc. but BOOLITS is a no-no!!! There are phrases which refer to the posterior of an equine and male cattle feces for people like that.

Jim
12-22-2010, 09:58 AM
I'm glad there are more than one "ways" to accomplish ones goals. I just wish the "other" ways worked.

The very reason why, when I post a pictorial on my site, I say "I" do this and that instead of "YOU" do this and that.
I ain't kiddin' ya', you'd be surprised at how many PMs(not many from here) and emails I get telling me my "instructions" are flawed. I wrote one guy back and challenged him to show me an "instruction". My pictorials are just photos to assist me in telling you how I do it.
My way is just that, MY way. It's not THE way and certainly not the only way. Shoot, I have no clue how many times I've changed a procedure because somebody else showed me a better way.

swheeler
12-22-2010, 11:11 AM

Yes but my wife thinks I'm crazy if I scream at the computer!

mdi
12-22-2010, 12:37 PM
oh yeah, try posting most anything accurate about shooting cast in most other venues and you stand a good chance of either being flamed to death, treated like a mouth breathing-plant life iq imbecile or called a liar outright. I kind of gave up after a while. And for goodness sake- don't write boolits!!! You can call them heads, pills, slugs, tips etc. But boolits is a no-no!!! There are phrases which refer to the posterior of an equine and male cattle feces for people like that.

amen! :-):-)

Moonie
12-22-2010, 03:44 PM
Yes but my wife thinks I'm crazy if I scream at the computer!

I do computers for a living so that is normal, wife still thinks I'm crazy, has nothing to do with screaming at the computer though...

Might have something to do with carrying on conversations with my dog, at least HE understands me.