PDA

View Full Version : Court Days in Mt. Sterling, Ky.

223tenx
10-19-2006, 10:46 AM
Has anybody gone to Court Days? I was there last weekend and there were 4 city blocks (with some side streets) filled (shoulder to shoulder) with booths of people selling guns. Unfortunetly didn't see much reloading equipment. The town closes off streets and has a fair/flea market affair on Sat, Sun and Mon. there were all kinds of guns with pretty good prices. Mostly non-dealers with a few dealers spaced in. I found refined beeswax for $2/lb. and a S&W 629 in 44Mag. with rosewood grips for $475. Nice clean gun that locks up tight, appears not to have been shot much. I spent about 4 hours there on Sat. and probably didn't see half the guns as it was pretty crowded. Very worthwhile if you're within driving distance.

Buckshot
10-23-2006, 11:26 AM
...............Wish they had one like that here! We really have a nice oldtime downtown (1 main street) with trees down both sides, benches etc and on Thursdays they have 'Market Night'. Mainly prepared food, local produce, bakery stuff, and the like. Some artsy craftsy things like quilts and juck. Nothing really good like gun stuff, tractor or car parts or any other really important things.

I will have to say that the fresh donuts they cook right in front of you are pretty snazzy, but I'd really rather paw though Mauser parts :-)

..............Buckshot

LAH
10-23-2006, 01:48 PM
Man I'd like to have went there.........Creeker