PDA

View Full Version : T/c OMEGA and CVA WOLF

lefty_red
10-18-2006, 11:43 PM
I know they are two different critters, but I don't want a comparision.

My T/C BLACK DIAMOND can not be fixed (per T/C and its 8 years old) and my "buddy" gave me $100 to put towards another frontloader. Deer Season is coming up fast! So I wondering about these two.

I've got a hanggun in layaway, a new NEF that needs dies, molds, and whatnot, and I really don't want to spend alot for a twice a year hunter. but, if its worth the extra $$ to go with the T/C, I might do it.

Any thought or suggestions?

I'm going this weekend to look at some older sidelocks that a gun shop has. They have taken in alot in as trade over the last couple of years in favor of the inlines. I might be able to get a bargain on one. I wouldn't mind a good 54 cal.

Jerry

MT Gianni
10-19-2006, 09:46 AM
My tc hawken was 12 years old when i broke the stock at the wrist. No questions asked, it was refitted with a new stock. i paid shipping one way they returned it. Gianni

lefty_red
10-19-2006, 12:17 PM
Gianni

Its more than a broken stock. Try stripped breech plug, and ALOT of interal missing parts. My "buddie" wanted for a MO deer hunting trip last year, and I got it back in pieces.

I don't blame my buddy (been friends for life and he kept off given it back to me till he had some money saved up to give me for it.). And I don't blame T/C. Its an obsolete model and they don't have all the parts for me. Plus it looks like a too heavy load from the looks of it, they said. I got a call back from them this morning and it looks like I'm going to get a credit of some kind. So T/C is a great company and I always liked them. They stand behind their products.

Anyways, anything bad about the OMEGA? Or the WOLF?

Jerry

Willbird
10-19-2006, 12:28 PM
I love my omega, handles nice, and it will put out over 3800 ft lbs of muzzle energy if I so desire :-). Shoots good too :-). I would NOT buy one with a thumbhole stock the way mine kicks with a 300 grain bullet and 150 grains of 777(mine is a 50 caliber)

Bill

versifier
10-19-2006, 01:14 PM
The Omega is the better of the two choices. It's not a fair comparison, like a Lincoln with a Yugo. That said, If there are good deals there on sidelocks, that might be the way to go. If you find a T/C Renegade or Hawken in good shape then I myself would go for it instead. Renegades came in .54, and mine has given me thirty years of good service, now on it's second barrel, a Green mountain drop-in. (With drop-ins, you can have any caliber you want to put in either stock.) I would not trade mine. The downside of sidelocks is that they are not so reliable in the rain, and if you are one of those that prefers bad weather deer hunting, the inline might be the best way for you to go. I hate to admit it, but it is the truth.

lefty_red
10-19-2006, 02:05 PM
Thanks for the input, but I find the sidelocks to be as good as the inlines. I just use a cover on them.

I figure the T/C was the better of the tow. But then, I wasn't asking for a comparison. I did a search for the two and couldn 't find anything about them. I was just wanting some practicial info on them.

Jerry

Old Ironsights
10-19-2006, 03:43 PM
You say you have a new NEF... why not buy the ML barrel for it?

waksupi
10-19-2006, 08:36 PM
I haven't had any experience whatsoever with inlines. However, I have extensive experience with traditional ML's. Once you learn thier tricks, I find the flintlock much more dependable in wet weather, than caplocks.

lefty_red
10-24-2006, 04:25 PM
You say you have a new NEF... why not buy the ML barrel for it?

I did beter than that! I bought a used HUNTSMAN! Should be here in a couple of days.

Lefty