PDA

View Full Version : Bah-humbug

Beekeeper
12-16-2010, 12:42 AM
For 25 years in the Military I was home 5 Christmases.
It seemed that I was on that rotation that always was in Westpac on some oddball op or tdy during this time each year.
As a civilian even the cockroaches had more seniority than I did so I always worked in Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years.
As time past my children got married and moved away so I do not get to see them now and Have not spent Christmas with them in many years.

When I retired and resumed the reloading hobby I found The Cast Boolits website and the Great people here who invited me in and helped me with my often dumb and senseless questions, never failing to give an answer (often with a swift kick to the astrick for good measure but only when I deserved it).
So you have all become family,a family that offered prayers for my wife when she had her brain hemorage.I do not think she would be here with me today without them.

So to Ken , Willy and all of my Cast Boolits family I make the following wish.

May he who watches over us all, no matter by what name you call him keep you safe this holiday season and in the coming year.
To each and every one of you
MERRY CHRISTMAS
AND A
HAPPY NEW YEAR

Jim

GabbyM
12-16-2010, 03:02 AM
Merry Christmas to you Jim.

I'll be heading out Thursday night after work before Christmas eve for a short 1,700 mile trip to AZ to see my daughters. Thought for a while I may not make it out this year due to finances. However as has been the case in my life. Our Lord seams to provide what I need. Job sort of fell right in my lap and they shut down for week of Christmas. I'm feeling fortunate this Christmas. Job is due to run out in a few weeks. Credit card should be paid off by then and for some reason my fifty-five year old body has held up to moving twenty thousand pounds of steel per night shift. Occasionally I have to stop to push my guts back through my hernia but it’s not to painful. Just enough of an inconvenience to remind me how lucky I am to still be strong of body at 55 years of age.

Recall an old rock song that went something like if you cant be with the one you love , love the one you’re with. Band may have been singing of a different kind of love but whatever. Joy of Christmas is meant to be shared to the fullest.

Thanks for sharing Jim.

Dean D.
12-16-2010, 06:48 AM
Merry Christmas and a Happy and brighter New Year to you Jim.

The Cast Boolit family is filled with some unique and special people. I feel fortunate to be a part of this family.

May the Holiday season be bright and happy for everyone here!

Dean D.

Calamity Jake
12-16-2010, 09:17 AM
Merry Christmas and a Happy and brighter New Year to you Jim.

The Cast Boolit family is filled with some unique and special people. I feel fortunate to be a part of this family.

May the Holiday season be bright and happy for everyone here!

Dean D.

+1

I don't beleave I could have said it any better.

But I will say MERRY CHRISTMAS AND HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL

kbstenberg
12-16-2010, 09:44 AM
Merry Christmas to all from the Stenberg Household.
Gabby you watch out for those distracted drivers. May you all be safe an warm this Holiday week.
Kevin & Sue

Moonie
12-16-2010, 10:36 AM
Beekeeper, If you didn't live on the opposite coast I would probably insist you visit me and my family for Christmas.

Since this is impractical please consider this an invitation in spirit.

I had a friend of mine recently tell me that they don't have anyone to spend Christmas with, every year they are too ashamed to ask anyone if they can spend Christmas with them. When I told my wife she said of course she will spend Christmas weekend with us, no need to even discuss it.

For the sacrifices you made for me and my family it is my honor to remember you this Christmas.

BTW, my house is kind of a nightmare of sorts at Christmas, 8 children, half with significant others, 6 grandkids and a new one on the way.

Will need a week to recover...

To everyone that will be alone this Christmas, Merry Christmas and God bless.

Wayne Smith
12-16-2010, 10:37 AM
Merry Christmas and a very Happy New Year to all from one of the many Smith families. This is a home for me also. Thank you Ken and company.

old turtle
12-16-2010, 10:44 AM
I once met the founder of a very well run company who had been a very good smallbore shot. He remarked that he had never met a good shot who he did not like. I feel that this site is a reflection of this thought. MARRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL!

cajun shooter
12-16-2010, 01:09 PM
Well Jim, Don't feel like a party of one. Those military days are hard when the holidays come around. I can remember listening to some Christmas songs and could not keep a dry face no matter how hard I tried. Back home what did I do but become a cop which is a para military group run with most of the same rules and guide lines. My first three holidays in uniform were on three different shifts and each one was due up for duty on both Thanksgiving and Christmas. My two boys would come to the house on rare occasion but managed to show up on Christmas and Birthdays. Three years ago I told them and my grandchildren if they could not find time to visit during those other days or at least pick up the phone then don't show up to collect gifts. They quit coming so it's me and the wife. What happened to being with family on Christmas? My grandparents raised me for many a year and were common poor folks. I don't remember them ever giving me but one thing. That was their LOVE and a place to live and I enjoyed every meal with them!!

DIRT Farmer
12-16-2010, 05:03 PM
It seemed that shift rotation had me working a lot of the family holidays, 24 Thanksgiving, 24 Christmas, but the phone was there and hospital staff plus the cops and firefighters were around. State highway guys worked some of them to. We always stoped by to wish the gals at the C-stores Merry Christmas and share a cup of coffee and remind our selves that at least we wern't overseas and would see our families the next day. God bless the troops.

casterofboolits
12-16-2010, 05:49 PM
I haven't been here long, but I like the site.

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL!!!!!

Tom W.
12-16-2010, 10:14 PM
I remember Dad being gone overseas, Med cruises, Vietnam on more that one tour,and we didn't see him much. Then As we got older and spread around the country, it was even more difficult to meet up for Christmas. One Sister was a nurse, and worked a lot of holidays, I had a security position, which kept me away, And a phone call had to substitute for a visit.

Mom and Dad have passed away now, so sometimes I wonder what's the point? I really miss them this time of year...

But I have my wife and my boys will call, if not visit, so I'll be content..

And a Merry Christmas to all my friends here!

Frank46
12-16-2010, 11:56 PM
I worked 24/7 shifts for close to 30 years and spent one Christmas OCS on a westpac cruise. Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to all. Frank

Throckmorton
12-17-2010, 11:41 AM
MERRY CHRISTMAS,Jim !

Cherokee
12-17-2010, 12:46 PM
A very Merry Christmas and great New Year for each and every one !!

GOPHER SLAYER
12-18-2010, 03:33 PM
While I also live in Southern California, I have never had the priviledge of meeting Beekeeper, but I have benifited from his generosity and kindness. From him through John K,. I was given a large quanity of 375 Win. and 44 mag. brass and I appreciate it very much. In this day of rising costs and scarcity of ammo, anyone who will give away large rimmed cases is an alright dude in my book. I would like to thank Beekeeper for all his years of service and sacrifice in the U.S. Navy. I would also like to take this opportunity to wish him and all my fellow casters ,wherever in the world they may be, a VERRY MERRY CHRISTMAS and A HAPPY NEW YEAR, or as Tiny Tim put it, GOD BLESS US EVERYONE.

1Shirt
12-18-2010, 03:42 PM
Merry Christmas Jim, I am one of the lucky ones in the military. In 23 years in two branches, I was only seperated from my wife and family for two Christmas days. The rest of the time they were with me. It is tough to be away from your family on major hollidays, and those who have never experianced it are indeed fortunate. And have a very happy New Year as well!
1Shirt!:coffee:

foxtrotter
12-18-2010, 04:19 PM
Please remember that the reason for the season is JESUS Christ!
Best wishes to all.
Dennis

HeavyMetal
12-18-2010, 04:28 PM
Jim:
Merry Christmas!

Bill

shdwlkr
12-18-2010, 04:45 PM
What happened to Christmas and family someone hear asked. It has to do with the me generation of kids we raised followed by the instant gratification desires of our grand kids.
I am alone this Christmas because someone decided it was time for me to leave. So I have no kids and miss them dearly by the way and haven't seen them in months but that is for the courts to settle.
I come here to be with individuals who like to be around other individuals and we all have a good time.
Merry Christmas to all and Most of all lets hope next year is much better than this one. Happy New Years to one and all.
Don't feel bad for me as I am learning how to cook, clean and take care of myself, my two cats and dog take care of the nagging part of life. Ha Ha.
Thanks to all hear who have been so kind to me over the years and also now when I don't know if I am moving forward, standing still or just wondering what is coming next.

Digger
12-18-2010, 04:53 PM
Thank you for your service Jim and may you have a very nice Christmas ,also wishing you a warm and dry one but the way things are going right now , things are wet on your side of the mountains and the drizzle is melting the snow here....but no matter ...Merry Christmas to all !!! ....:cbpour:

jlchucker
12-20-2010, 12:32 PM
[B merry christmas everyone--and a happy new year!!!!!![/B]

DeanWinchester
12-20-2010, 12:42 PM
I wish all you well, year round. As for Christmas, aside from being Jesus' birthday, it's just another day. At least I don't have to work.