PDA

View Full Version : What is it worth?

x101airborne
12-13-2010, 04:40 PM
I went by my local friendly radiator shop and for 20.00, I got 3 - 6 gallon buckets of solder drippings. The owner told me that they ONLY use 40 - 60 solder. So far i have rendered around 1/4 of a bucket and have around 25 pounds of solder bars. I will not need that much and am thinking of selling / trading some. Question is, if I render and attempt to clean as much of the gunk out as i can (and boy it's a lot), what is a fair asking trade / price? Would it be appropriate to ask for 4 pounds lead or 3 pounds WW for each pound of solder? I am not looking to make any money on this, just help out a brother (yall), and further my casting career. Am considering trading for anything.... Loaders, molds, brass, etc., but I want to be honest and fair. This may get posted later this week.

I know what Rotometals is getting, but this is not Rotometals quality. Still good stuff, though.

x101airborne
12-13-2010, 04:45 PM
i apologize. It is 60 / 40 solder. Rotometals has it for 10.99 / lb.

Rangefinder
12-13-2010, 05:08 PM
It's totally worthless! I'll PM my address for disposal... :D

Realistically, I'd not sneeze at around $4 a pound shipped, more if you're going through the trouble of remelting and ingot pouring. You'll probably move it pretty darn quick when you list it. But wait for a few more to chime in on this--I could be under-cutting a bit and you should get what it's worth for sure.

southpaw
12-13-2010, 07:20 PM
I would trade 3 pounds (heck, even 4 would be plenty fair) of ww ingots (or pure) for a one pound ingot of your stuff. I even have some lino (still in letter form about 90 pounds) and some lino/mono in ingots that I would trade for it.

If selling it $4-5 a pound shipped and I am with Rangefinder and think that it would move pretty quickly.

Interested to see what others have to say.

Jerry Jr.