PDA

View Full Version : CVA Optima ?

XWrench3
12-13-2010, 11:33 AM
this is my one and only synthetic stock rifle. the length of the butt stock is to long. is this something i can cut down without ruining the stock? it is ok for summer time use, but when the snow flies, and i get 4 or 5 layers on, it is just to long. this is the regular Optima, not the Optima Pro that you can interchange barrels with. P.S. I am going to post this question in the gunsmithing area as well.

XWrench3
12-15-2010, 10:47 AM
just for anyone else out there, the buttstock is hollow. and no one at this point, is making a youth or shorter stock for it.

frontier gander
12-15-2010, 02:03 PM
hollow or not, most gun smiths will install a wood block to remount the recoil pad. My brothers rem 700 has the wood block installed as he had to have the stock cut down a bit.

Any good gun smith can shorten that stock for you.

You can even shorten it yourself and then buy a slip on recoil pad if it comes out ugly.

XWrench3
12-15-2010, 04:57 PM
i didn't think about a slip on. thanks! i am not so skilled at making things look good. i am good at structural intergrity, but i just do not have that good eye it takes to make things pretty. i may just whack it down after all.