PDA

View Full Version : How to PROPERLY seat gas checks

saz
12-12-2010, 03:13 PM
I was out in the garage seating gas checks on a bunch of Lee 300gr 45 boolits and my 4 year old said he wanted to help.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8hDXimHVJ2Y

There was more to the video but it didnt post for some reason....... Still new to the youtube thing.

Calamity Jake
12-12-2010, 05:34 PM
It's great to teach them young isn't it? And they sure want to help!!

I have a pic somewhere of my now 17 yo grandaughter when she was about 6 months old
setting in my lap pulling the handle of my LAM II sizen 45 acp boolits, I sure had to keep my fingers out of the way

Ole
12-12-2010, 08:03 PM
Cute! :mrgreen:

Don't let the powers that be see a youngster touching that evil lead stuff.

XWrench3
12-13-2010, 09:44 AM
my kids always want to help. of course, when they get older, and can really do some good, i won't be able to bribe them into helping old pops with his reloading. well, at least until they have a drivers license. then all i will have to do is jingle the car keys, and they will do whatever i want!

sniper
12-16-2010, 01:03 PM
Don't let the powers that be see a youngster touching that evil lead stuff.

Too right!:shock:

My son loved to help...even after I was distracted, and he turned all the screw thingies as tight as he could get them. Sure farbled the results till I figured out what was up! ;)

Helping. Those were good days! 8-)

10 Spot Terminator
12-26-2010, 12:30 PM
That was GREAT !!! No longer will I be able to call them "BOOLITS" or "CASTS",,, from now on I will be calling them "PUSHY DOWNS" :bigsmyl2:

Charlie Two Tracks
12-26-2010, 01:17 PM
Very good saz. A dad and his boy doing stuff together. The way it should be. You never know when something like that will stick in his memory and be a special thing he remembers. I would take my daughters fishing with me and once, one of the girls caught a huge carp on her Snoopy pole. It was so big that she thought it was going to pull her in and it broke the tip of the pole off. She got it in with some encouragement and it is something she fondly remembers about her childhood. Make those memories while they are still young. You're going to turn around in a few days and wonder where the last 15 years went. It happens that fast.

saz
12-26-2010, 04:56 PM
Yeah, he LOVES to help. Every time I go to the garage he wants to help with my "shooty shooter buwetts". I love it!

Jack Stanley
12-26-2010, 05:05 PM
Come to think of it ... my older brother calls 'em buwetts too ! :smile:

Jack

jmsj
12-26-2010, 05:26 PM
saz,
That is great. I really enjoy when my kids help also. They are 6 & 10 yrs. old now and they have been helping me for years. The only thing I don't let them do is prime and charge the cases w/ powder.
Keep up the good work, jmsj

akajun
12-26-2010, 05:35 PM
Awesome,
I only let my 4yo sort brass for me when I sweep up at the range. Big and little (rifle and pistol).

He calls me reloading "making Batteries for your pow"

Jim
12-27-2010, 09:03 AM
That's great! I miss my son helping me do stuff like that. 25 years went by quick.

unclebill
12-27-2010, 09:22 AM
that inspired me to go load some pushy-downs!

nanuk
12-27-2010, 06:53 PM
Jim: I plan on teaching my grandson the art of shooting, casting and reloading.