PDA

View Full Version : FINNALY! Monday, Monday.....

XWrench3
12-11-2010, 09:09 PM
well, it has been a long haul, but monday i can get back to shooting. it has been deer hunting season here since november 15th. and i am a hunter, so it has been hunting for me as well. the only bad part of hunting, is there is not a lot of shooting going on, well, by any one (normal) person anyway. there is always one guy, where ever you go, that bought 10 boxes of fresh ammo to hunt with, and there is no way he is going home with any of that! i dont know who he is, or how he ends up close to where i hunt, ALWAYS! :groner: anyway, sunday is the end of muzzle loading season here, so, i can shoot for fun again. i also muzzle load, but even if i did not, i would not shoot for fun when it is hunting season for any firearm type of hunt. there are not many bow hunters left this late, and what there is, is mostly weekend warriors. lets face it, they have a month and a half before us gun guys get after the deer (i also do not shoot the first 2 weeks of their season). so, monday, as long as the weather permits, i am going to load up 4 or 5 guns, and half a trunk load of ammo, and slaughter some paper, and a sand bank! my trigger finger has developed a twitch from withdrawls! LOL!:bigsmyl2:[smilie=w::Fire:

Moonie
12-11-2010, 09:43 PM
I feel exactly the same way, not sure half a trunk load will fix me though. All of the ranges around here are closed due to hunting season, the owners hunt the property. I am planning on building a range at my oldest daughters house, but her land lord hunts the property around her house and don't want us shooting during the season which I understand completely.

Still need to blast some things...

home in oz
12-12-2010, 12:04 AM
Yep, sounds good.

Probably see lots of deer once the season is over....

WHITETAIL
12-12-2010, 08:54 AM
I am with you guys.
I hunted the 2 weeks of deer season
now it is time to put some lead down range.:Fire:

XWrench3
12-12-2010, 09:09 AM
Probably see lots of deer once the season is over....

20 or so years ago, i went hunting with my cousin at a guy from his work. no one had a doe tag, so it was buck only. all of us saw some deer, just no shooters. the day after season,( we slept there as well for 2 nights) on our way home, we came to a stop sign by their local market. in the open feild, kitty corner to the market, there were probably an honest 100-130 deer eating away. bucks, does, and bambi's all over the feild. it was like they were saying, ha-ha, you cant get me now! and laughing at us. both my cousin and i both thought about shooting one anyway, but we didn't. but it sure was tempting.

Adk Mike
12-12-2010, 09:24 AM
I shoot every week at the local Range. I take deer season off like you guys. Its funny I thought I was the only one that missed shooting during deer season. At the mountain camps I hunt from I avoid shooting because I don't feel it's fare to folks sitting in a stand until dark. Anyway it's over after 7 weeks in Northern NY state and I'm heading back to the range today !

XWrench3
12-12-2010, 03:10 PM
well, looks like monday is going to be a wash. wind chills down to -6 degrees, and winds in the 30 mph are going to blow (pun inteded) the day to heck. blowing snow will limit visability as well. tuesday looks a lot better. only +20 for a high, but only a 10 mph breeze also. i guess i can wait one more day:( it is things like this that make me want to move SOUTH!