PDA

View Full Version : Secret Santa from another board..

Storydude
12-11-2010, 01:32 PM
I'm in a yearly SS with another board I frequent. usually, it's shooting/hunting gear tossed around, usually with a sub 100 limit.

Well, this year I was floored by what My SS ordered for me.

I was expecting some shooting bags, or a knife, or a flashlight...

Not a RCBS Chargemaster combo :ftw: :):)
this came from the same guy that last year gave out an Eotech552.

I cannot describe the feelings when I opened the box and saw CHARGEMASTER COMBO. It's a light year jump from my old PACT kit. 45.5G varget dumps in under 5 seconds. Pistol charges happen in under one second. I'm one happy camper.

gray wolf
12-11-2010, 05:37 PM
Happy to hear that and I hope you enjoy it.
I must say that is some very fast time for those powder charges. RCBS must have made some drastic changes in there units. Mine is not that old and 50 grains of stick takes about 25 seconds and 5 or 6 grains of pistol powder takes about 15 seconds.
I don't doubt what you are saying but I do question it. ( under a second ? ) 5 seconds ?
It takes 2 or 3 seconds for the pan to settle before they start to dump.
You must have gotten a supper fast upgraded one.
I hope I can have mine re-fitted like that. Anyone else that fast ?

Sam

Storydude
12-12-2010, 02:04 AM
I"m talking actual time tossing charges. It does take 3-5 seconds for the scale to calm down. It does have 4 distinct speeds. for large charges of stick, it seems to be faster. flake is slower.

Still better than the 1-1.5 min my old pact was doing....and if you bumped the bench, all bets were off with it. It would freak out.

c3d4b2
12-12-2010, 10:00 AM
I must say that is some very fast time for those powder charges.

I had the same issue and called RCBS. I talked with a gentleman and he reprogrammed it with me pushing the buttons. It worked much better then.

TCFAN
12-12-2010, 09:47 PM
I have one and it is very fast.Never timed it but it is always waiting on me......Terry