PDA

View Full Version : Star Spangled Banner (A MUST SEE!)

DCP
12-09-2010, 12:35 PM
Star Spangled Banner (A MUST SEE!)

To the men that kept the FLAG flying, and all that have given all for her :drinks:

Another keeper and one that should be shown to children everywhere, lest we and they forget!

Another bit of History why our freedom is so precious.

http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=Iwa-lSVqA1M&vq=medium

Ajax
12-09-2010, 12:56 PM
That bring a tear to this PATRIOTS eye. thank you for posting this .

Andy

markinalpine
12-09-2010, 02:24 PM
From the intro to this forum posted above:

Shooters.com This is the area for general Cast Boolit Forum Help,Info and Board Updates. New Members please check in here for helpful hints and Check the Classics and Stickies forum for helpful topics. Do NOT post political threads here! Put them in the humor and off topic area!

I agree with the post, but it's in the wrong place.

DCP
12-09-2010, 02:30 PM
I am really sorry you think this is a political

Shooters.com This is the area for general Cast Boolit Forum Help,Info and Board Updates. New Members please check in here for helpful hints and Check the Classics and Stickies forum for helpful topics. Do NOT post political threads here! Put them in the humor and off topic area!

markinalpine
12-09-2010, 02:41 PM
I am really sorry you think this is a political

This is the area for general Cast Boolit Forum Help,Info and Board Updates. New Members please check in here for helpful hints and Check the Classics and Stickies forum for helpful topics.

NOTE: I didn't say it was political. I'm just pointing out what the web-site owner had posted as the purpose for this section. I don't see anything about posting nice, patriotic, historical videos about Francis Scott Key and his Star Spangled Banner in this section.

Someone else, NOT YOU, went into some store and got upset that they don't allow concealed handguns, so he came here and posted his complaint at several places on this board!

From now on, I'll just flag these things and let the board owner or his moderators decide.

My Apologies. :-(

Mark :coffeecom
ps, I did mention that I liked the video, didn't I?

DCP
12-09-2010, 02:47 PM
Wow

Make sure you flag the following

Teen age girl
AP Story
GPS
Cross Country Move

And many others

I really cant believe it.

I am glad you like it

This is the area for general Cast Boolit Forum Help,Info and Board Updates. New Members please check in here for helpful hints and Check the Classics and Stickies forum for helpful topics.

NOTE: I didn't say it was political. I'm just pointing out what the web-site owner had posted as the purpose for this section. I don't see anything about posting nice, patriotic, historical videos about Francis Scott Key and his Star Spangled Banner in this section.

Someone else, NOT YOU, went into some store and got upset that they don't allow concealed handguns, so he came here and posted his complaint at several places on this board!

From now on, I'll just flag these things and let the board owner or his moderators decide.

My Apologies. :-(

Mark :coffeecom
ps, I did mention that I liked the video, didn't I?

waksupi
12-09-2010, 04:16 PM
Chill out, guys. It's no big deal if something ends up in a forum that may not be absolutely correct. If you think it needs moved, report the post, we'll look at it, and move it if we think it should be.
It looks more patriotic, than political to me.

OBIII
12-09-2010, 08:09 PM
Actually, with the way things are going these days, surely anything smacking of "Patriotism" would be "off topic".....

steg
12-10-2010, 08:16 AM
Are we going Politically Correct here? I learned things about our National Anthem that I didn't know before, and I for one appreciate the post!.........................................steg

DCP
12-10-2010, 08:35 AM
Thanks Steg

I understand why the Thread was moved.
What I dont understand why this Thread, when there are many many others in the wrong place.

It just makes one wonder.

Vaya con Dios

Are we going Politically Correct here? I learned things about our National Anthem that I didn't know before, and I for one appreciate the post!.........................................steg

MakeMineA10mm
12-10-2010, 10:38 PM

Well, I'm a moderator at the second biggest gun website on the web, and it has way too many forums and sub-forums (probably close to 100, if not over), and this gets to be a problem over there. In that kind of situation, I agree that it's helpful to have folks who notice something that's clearly way off to be reported and moved, but this is a little ridiculous.

Regardless of what the description says under shooters.com on the main page (which is accurately reproduced above), the SITE OWNER himself (45nut) has posted a thread something like "state flower, state bird..... state firearm?!?" Now, that's obviously not forum help, Info, and board updates, nor is it a helpful hint. I don't think this post about the flag is political or humorous or off-topic.

Shooters.com has become a general chat area about any/all topics in my view. There are discussions about cast boolits there, which obviously belong in the cast boolits sub-forum (or maybe the mold maintenance and design forum...), and I've seen moderators and many other members post general discussion stuff there. I've got a 5-page thread (at least) about wives in the Shooters.com forum... No one once mentioned it was in the wrong forum. (It's much more humor and off-topic than this subject is...)

Why is this thread now here in humor and off-topic? It should be moved back immediately to shooters.com and, if anything, the description of that sub-forum should be changed, or the site-owners thread and many others start needing to be moved...

(Sorry for the rant, but this is PC BS at it's worse -- in a place where it shouldn't be. If there's one thing I've learned as a moderator at GT, it's that the less I do, the better the board runs, and I should only stick my nose in if it's ugly or unsafe. I've only ever moved a thread there once, and it was to help a guy who asked a question in a place he'd get no answers, and I moved it to where he would...)

45nut
12-10-2010, 10:58 PM
jeeze guys,, lets relax ! this thread won't bring down the federal reserve! it's supposed to be something helpful,, that DOES fit the guidelines!

MakeMineA10mm
12-10-2010, 10:59 PM
Thanks Ken! I thought it was a very great listen/watch (the link)!!

1Shirt
12-11-2010, 01:12 AM
In a word! "Great"
1Shirt!:coffeecom

buck1
12-11-2010, 10:32 AM
I loved it!!!!!!!!!!!!

12-11-2010, 11:44 AM
Very moving to any patriot who loves this country and what it stands for. Thanks and will be sending it to many on my mailing list.

Photoguy67
12-11-2010, 11:46 AM
I knew the story, but that is still told eloquently. I knew he wrote that from the British ship, but I did not know he rowed over to negotiate the release of prisoners.

DCP
12-11-2010, 12:22 PM
Tell us of the Flag

God keep the Flag Flying (here)
(Please for 7 days 12/9 -12-16)

For the Price that was Paid

crappiejig
12-11-2010, 01:36 PM
dcp,, thank you for the link. Absolutely moving........

klcarroll
12-11-2010, 02:11 PM
dcp,, thank you for the link. Absolutely moving........

Amen!

.....And for all the others who were moved to tears: .......We are called again today!

Kent

Charley
12-11-2010, 07:12 PM
Groan...at the risk of POing even MORE people, let me just link to my response on the same piece from another board...
Decent theatrics, but poor history.
http://www.handloadersbench.com/forum2/15200.html

MakeMineA10mm
12-11-2010, 08:43 PM
Groan...at the risk of POing even MORE people, let me just link to my response on the same piece from another board...
Decent theatrics, but poor history.
http://www.handloadersbench.com/forum2/15200.html

Charley,
I agree. I was a history major, taught history when I was a teacher, and am still a history buff to this day, and I saw plenty of inaccuracies, but I loved the sentiment.

Another one I'd add to your list from your post at that other website, is that the "battle flag" which Major Armistead had made was HUGE! (It was 30' x 42' before much of it was shot away.) It is still hanging in the entry way at the Smithsonian in Washington D.C., and it's so heavy and large, there's no doubt in my mind that it would take a couple hundred dead bodies (at least) to hold up the combined weight of the flag and a flag pole large enough to fly that big of a flag.

Here's a pic of it hanging from a four-story building when it was actually displayed oustide: http://realtyvan.com/Flag%20Fort%20McHenry.jpeg

But, I still love the sentiment. Especially this time of year, we need to remember the sacrifices of the patriots in all of our wars who have kept us (and a great deal of the world) free. Especially important is to remember the parents of those who have lost sons and daughters fighting for us.

God bless all!

Charley
12-11-2010, 11:49 PM
Not a history major, just an entomologist. Varnishing the truth almost always leads to bad things, even when done for a noble cause. Lenin, Trotsky, and some other folks thought THEY had right on their side when they changed the history of Mother Russia, and a certain former Austrian Corporal thought pretty much the same way a few years later..
IME, when someone does that, they are either a total moron ( and he's not), or they are selling something. Careful what you buy, changing history comes at a high price.