PDA

View Full Version : Stevens Mod 44 1/2 Buttplate Help.

Bigjohn
10-16-2006, 12:16 AM
G'day,

I am looking for some help. Sometime ago, I purchased a Stevens Mod 44 1/2 in .22rf. This one has seen some use over the years as well as some neglect.

It has what would be considered a heavy barrel for a point two two and some effort had been made to convert the sights for target shooting.

When I bought it it was fitting with a replaceable insert fore sight of the type MVA are offering for these rifles and a Martini Cadet Vernier Sight by BSA. The bore is dark but made still have some life left in it.

The serial number is in the 12XXX range.

My problem is the molded buttplate broke around the top screw and all above it went missing. I have checked with DGW's website and they do not have this mold of plate.

A description as best I can come up with is a background of molded checkering with the name "STEVENS" in a banner just under the top screw; a deers head in the central cartouche and "CHICOPEE.FALLS MASS. U.S.A." in two banners between the central cartouche and the lower stock screw hole.

The deers head has six points per.

Has anyone an idea where I might turn one up?

Dixie has a .25 cal. model simular except for the buttplate (Theirs is a cresent type) to the one I have in their online catalogue.
http://www.dixiegunworks.com/product_info.php?products_id=13134

John.

floodgate
10-16-2006, 01:17 AM
bigjohn:

G'day yerself! Contact Paul Shuttleworth at CPA Rifles at <www.singleshotrifles.com>; e-mail <shuttleworth@cparifles.com>; he is THE maker of fine replicas of the 44 1/2 Stevens, and should be able to supply anything you need, or tell you where to find it.

floodgate

Bent Ramrod
10-16-2006, 11:53 PM
Bigjohn,

If Paul Shuttleworth doesn't have what you need, you might contact Vintage Industries, 853 Waterway Place #117, Longwood FL 32750 Ph (407) 331-1324, FAX (407) 831-5346 vintage@sundial.net

My last price list was 12/97 but IIRC they carried the Stevens hard rubber plate with the deer head.

Good luck.

Bigjohn
10-18-2006, 08:35 PM
Bent Ramrod

The link you posted did not work, the mail bounce back, I will try a google search (not that I'm having any luck with them).

John.

P.S. I found them and sent email they have moved and new phone number and email address info@vintageindustries.net