PDA

View Full Version : Tetanus shots, flu shots.....

Jim
12-06-2010, 04:42 PM
.....I wish there was one for cabin fever. I can feel it coming on.

We don't have near the snow some of y'all do, but we have enough to keep me from wanting to go outside and play. Temps in the low 20s with 15 to 20 MPH winds makes for a wind chill factor I just don't enjoy.

Not only am I getting grumpy in my old age, I'm getting soft.

oldhickory
12-06-2010, 05:17 PM
Yeah, me too. The wind has been howling around here for almost a week with flurries and temps in the mid 30s. No fun at all! I lock myself up in my summer kitchen, get the pot-belly going real hot and cast-cast-cast!

wallenba
12-06-2010, 05:27 PM
Yeah, the cold wrecks me too. Joints hurt, nose drips, and inside the furnace drys out the air aggrevating my chronic dry eye. Opthamologist put me on Restasis and put punctal plugs in my lower tear ducts to keep the eye wetter longer. Hating winter more each year.

home in oz
12-06-2010, 05:51 PM
It is nice to be enjoying the bitter cold, myriad aches and pains, and being a wuss about the cold.

The alternative is not so nice.....

Baron von Trollwhack
12-06-2010, 05:58 PM
We are not getting soft, it's smarter we are. BvT

rockrat
12-06-2010, 06:33 PM
Yeah, you guys East of Colorado are getting the weather we should be having (el nino). Send it back our way. We want our Winter!!! Keeps the rif-raf out!!:)

Jim
12-06-2010, 06:45 PM
Rock, you can have it, Buddy!

montana_charlie
12-06-2010, 07:11 PM
Temp got to 30 today, with little wind and some sunshine.
So, I went out to put some paper patched bullets in the snowbank.

Kinda thought about shooting an entire batch, for group, but didn't have enough time available for that.
If I had planned better, I could have shot up my 'development' loads and made the snowbank deposit...with only the need to clean the gun one time.

CM

jecjec13
12-06-2010, 07:39 PM
Rock, you can have it, Buddy!

Second the motion, send it back!!!:groner:

twotrees
12-06-2010, 09:40 PM
Rocky,

You can have it, just shut the danged door when you get it BACK !!!!!

Bad Water Bill
12-07-2010, 04:20 AM
Don't just close the door. Put a full bucket of WW against it to keep that nasty stuff there.

casterofboolits
12-07-2010, 11:19 AM
And we were complaining about the heat and humidity just a few weeks ago!:groner::bigsmyl2:

14 degrees here this morning!

Finster101
12-07-2010, 11:23 AM
34 in Ft. Myers Fla this morning! Highs in the 60s all week. This sucks for us. I will take heat and rain in the summer over cold any day. Al Gore is a lier.

cajun shooter
12-07-2010, 11:33 AM
When I was a mere kid I was always wondering why my Grandfather and Grandmother had so many clothes on in the mornings. In Louisiana we do have those 20 degree days but it warms up. I rode my Cushman scooter in 40 degree weather with nothing but a long sleeve shirt. At 63 I now look like my Grandparents in the morning. The blood cools down much faster with age and I find that I'm not as ready to shoot in 35 degree weather.

Rangefinder
12-07-2010, 12:07 PM
I'm right there with ya, Rock. I coulda put a bit more wood away for it, but I'd sure like to see some real CO weather to clear out some of the nonsense that keeps lingering around the neighborhood. A good Rocky Mountain style snow-dump always does great to send the idiots packing---right after they get their $50K SUV pulled out of the ditch and pointed south... :D

Bob Krack
12-08-2010, 08:20 AM
I rode my Cushman scooter in 40 degree weather with nothing but a long sleeve shirt.
Din't your legs and rear end get COLD? :holysheep

Bob

Jim
12-08-2010, 09:45 AM
Din't your legs and rear end get COLD? :holysheep

Bob

Ummm, Bob.....
.......nevermind.:lol:

curiousgeorge
12-08-2010, 09:58 AM
Jim,

I'm in central Kentucky. Temperature this morning - 10 degrees with a wind chill in the minus numbers. Kinda makes you want to stay inside by the heat instead of going out.

Steve

Finster101
12-08-2010, 10:26 AM
Coming south won't help much. FLA is getting hit pretty hard. Not cold by most of your standards, but there are a lot of crops that stand to be lost with a freeze and inland it has hit the 20s already. Squash, eggplant and tomatoes are usually safe till after Christmas as we usually don't get a freeze before then. Strawberries are at risk as well.

steg
12-08-2010, 10:27 AM
Yup the cold brings out those aches and pains real good, time to do my ground hog impersonation, it is darn good weather for casting though, I can't do much else, hate to even go out for groceries, but when I do go out I have to pay a visit to the the gunshop, even if it's just to throw the bull around, always end up buying something before I leave, then back to the Man Cave, that's the whole house now Wife of 30 years passed away 11 years ago, still miss her, great huntin and fishing buddy, such is life.................steg

Jim
12-08-2010, 12:55 PM
Jim,

I'm in central Kentucky. Temperature this morning - 10 degrees with a wind chill in the minus numbers. Kinda makes you want to stay inside by the heat instead of going out.

Steve

10-4 on the stayin' inside part!

oldhickory
12-08-2010, 09:57 PM
I gotta bring more firewood into the summer kitchen, just looked at the local forecast...Daytime highs in the low 20s next week! Global warming-my pinkey toe!..Some-body owes me a very early spring for this!

:takinWiz:on temps below 70!

mroliver77
12-09-2010, 11:14 AM
I have been very lazy about getting wood cut. It has been a rough year pain wise and the cold does not help.
Wallenba, I use a humidifier to keep moister in the air. Everybody that heats their house much should use one. You can have one installed right on your furnace. It also makes the house feel warmer.
OK I am off to start tractor and splitter.
Jay