PDA

View Full Version : Gun room supplies cabinet

Jim
12-06-2010, 04:20 PM
Not really a "special" project, but thought y'all might like to see.

Janet and I found an old cabinet in an antique shop. Turns out, it used to be in a railroad office. It's got lots of cubbies, so we took it home. I now have it in the gun room. Works great for all the stuff I want to quickly access.

Pictures (http://fgsp.wordpress.com/2010/12/06/supplies-cabinet/)

Jack Stanley
12-06-2010, 07:02 PM
Ol' Dolly don't ham it up much for the camera when there's snoozin' to be done huh?

A perfect spot for such a nice cabinet .

Jack

dragonrider
12-06-2010, 08:21 PM
I like that, excellent use of space.

jmsj
12-06-2010, 10:00 PM
Looks like a great place to unwind.
I like the corner gun cabinet.
jmsj

Jim
12-08-2010, 09:54 AM
The north end of the house seems to be dedicated to R&R. My gun room is on the N/E corner and Janet's polymer clay hobby room is right across the hall in the N/W corner. We sit at our respective stations and talk shop back and forth across the hall.

Livin' large 'n lovin' life.

Jim
12-08-2010, 09:54 AM
The north end of the house seems to be dedicated to R&R. My gun room is on the N/E corner and Janet's polymer clay hobby room is right across the hall in the N/W corner. We sit at our respective stations and talk shop back and forth across the hall.

Livin' large 'n lovin' life.

WILCO
12-08-2010, 10:04 AM
Looks like a great place to unwind.

Indeed!

Hey Jim,

Who's the gent in the photo by the scale and is that a "Smart Reloader" press on the saw horse?

Trey45
12-08-2010, 10:05 AM
I really like that cabinet. I especially like how you've used the larger lower cubbies for the segregation of your brass & boolits in the plastic tubs. the only problem I see is, it's much too organized, how can you find anything? [smilie=1:

Jim
12-08-2010, 01:28 PM
Indeed!

Hey Jim,

Who's the gent in the photo by the scale and is that a "Smart Reloader" press on the saw horse?

That gentleman is the late James David Reeves, whom I am named after. He was my Great Uncle on my Mother's side.
http://fgsp.files.wordpress.com/2010/12/uncle-bullet-e1291829862147.jpg
He was affectionately known as "Uncle Bullet". He got that nickname because he was a notorious fast ball pitcher for a farm team of the New York Yankees. Back in his day, he threw no hitters on a regular basis.
Uncle Bullet and Aunt Jenny had no children, so my brother and I were their adopted grands. Uncle bullet was the sportsman in the family and taught my brother and me to hunt and fish. He killed the 8 point on the wall above his picture. I was there as a 14 yr. old kid with a brand new Christmas single barrel .410. I'll never forget it as it's probably my favorite story.
He is my idol and role model. Whenever I aspire to something, I always think "Now, how would Uncle Bullet go about this?".
I have his old LeFever double twelve and it is my most cherished treasure. I take it to the VFW card shoots and give the guys trouble with it.
Thank you for asking about him. He's a very special man to me and, as long as I'm alive, he'll never die.

As for the press, yes Sir, that is a brand new Smart press that my wonderful wife bought for me as a gift. Sometimes I want to run more than two presses at a time(I already have two on the bench), so I set up the Smart because it has an open face. I find that convenient.

Lucky Joe
12-08-2010, 02:04 PM
Thanks, I enjoyed that.

Von Dingo
12-08-2010, 06:23 PM
I like the sawhorse portable reloading stand idear. UH-OH now I smell smoke, don't worry I won't mention your name to the wife.....

Jim
12-09-2010, 07:55 AM
I like the sawhorse portable reloading stand idear. UH-OH now I smell smoke, don't worry I won't mention your name to the wife.....

I don't care. She can't get up my driveway, anyway.[smilie=l:

WILCO
12-09-2010, 09:56 AM
Thanks, I enjoyed that.

Me too! Thanks for sharing the story with us Jim. It's great to hear of personal heroes and the examples they set. Regarding the Smart press, what are your thoughts on the quality of it?
I'm curious to know as there are no reviews out there, other than one here in the forums, and it wasn't favorable.

Jim
12-09-2010, 02:34 PM
It's an inexpensive press that's economically made. I wouldn't recommend it for heavy stuff like FLSing large cases.
I got it for light stuff like priming, boolit seating, crimping with a LFC die, etc..
Sometimes, only having single stages presses(my choice), I want to run more than two dies at a time. I'll set up the horse with the two light duty presses behind me. I just swing around on my Dr's exam stool, do the deed and swing back.
Yeah, that's an odd way of doing things, but then, I'm funny like that.

Jim
12-09-2010, 02:34 PM
It's an inexpensive press that's economically made. I wouldn't recommend it for heavy stuff like FLSing large cases.
I got it for light stuff like priming, boolit seating, crimping with a LFC die, etc..
Sometimes, only having single stages presses(my choice), I want to run more than two dies at a time. I'll set up the horse with the two light duty presses behind me. I just swing around on my Dr's exam stool, do the deed and swing back.

WILCO
12-10-2010, 10:36 AM

We all have our own way of doing things. :veryconfu
Thanks for the input on the press. I might get one for the "light" stuff.